We Want to Hear from You
Everyone has a stake in health care. The North East LHIN believes that engaged communities are healthy communities. We want all citizens in this large chunk of the province to share their experiences and their thoughts on how to make our health care system better, more patient-centred, more integrated and easier to navigate.
Every day, LHIN staff and board members actively engage with fellow Northerners, community leaders, health care service providers and board members, local government leaders and many other others. Our focus is always the same – how can we increase access to care for fellow Northerners.
Our 2013-2016 Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP) is our strategic plan that was prepared based on the input of more than 4,000 Northerners. Our ongoing engagement work reflects the specific needs of Francophone and Aboriginal/First Nation/Métis people who make up 22 per cent and 9.5 per cent of our region respectively.
In our efforts to keep communities informed, we continue to use, among others, the following communication vehicles:
- Engagement sessions in communities across our 400,000 sqaure kilometer region
- Dialogue through media releases, communiqués, newsletters, community presentations, and proactive media liaison.
- LHIN 101 education sessions, presentations and round table discussions with community groups.
- Web posting of public accountability reports Public meetings of the Board of Directors held at locations across the Northeast
- Use of technology: virtual coffee breaks (audio-teleconferences), town hall meetings, blogs, as well as interactive social media including twitter, Facebook, YouTube.
Stay Informed, Get Involved, Contact Us
There are several ways you can learn more and engage with the North East LHIN so that you are connected to our planning and integration efforts.