About Our LHIN
Who We Are
- The North East Local Health Integration Network (North East LHIN) is one the largest of 14 LHINs in Ontario, responsible for planning, integrating and funding health care services for more than 550,000 people across an estimated 400,000 square kilometers.
- From offices in North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury and Timmins, we are a provincial crown corporation that ensures the local health care system works when people need it.
- The North East LHIN brings close to 150 of our region’s health care partners together – hospitals, community support services, mental health and addictions, community health centres, long-term care homes, and the Community Care Access Centre.
What We Do
- We fund front-line health care work to ensure Northerners, get the right care, at the right time, in the right place, at the right cost.
- We integrate, plan and fund – close to 150 health service providers (25 hospitals)
- Our focus is on patient-centered care right across the health care system.
Why We’re Doing It
To improve each Northeastern Ontarian’s health care experience. For the first time ever, the North East LHIN:
- Measures the delivery of health care services
- Sets targets based on these measures
- Holds organizations accountable for achieving targets
- Publicly reports on performance results
- Achieves targets that improve the lives of patients
- Engages with fellow Northerners on building a patient focused health care system for Northerners, by Northerners
- 400,000 km2
- 550,000 people; 60% urban, 40% rural
- Vibrant and distinct both culturally and linguistically, our region has the highest number of Francophones (at 23% of the population) in the province and a significant number of Aboriginal and First Nation communities (10%).
- $1.5 billion in front-line care
Decision Making Framework
The NE LHIN staff and board members follow a decision making framework when evaluating proposals for new programs and initiatives, changes to existing programs, or integration proposals. To view the framework, click here.
To advance the integration of health care services across Northeastern Ontario by engaging our local communities.
Nokii twindwaa bemaadsijig weweni nyaagdowendaagog.
Enkiichigaadeg waazhi maajiishkaang maamwizwin eni zhischigaadeg wii minoyaang naadmaadwin.
Giiwednowaabnong nikeya dinokiiwning ni zhischigaadeg wii minwaabminaagog endnokiishnang.
Quality health care, when you need it.
Ezhi gshkitoong go waani zhi mino yang naadgo wendming pii ndo wendaagog.