2019-2022 Strategic Plan Development
The North East LHIN is developing a new three-year strategic health plan for Northeastern Ontario and we need your help! Under the public campaign, “Your Health, Your Voice, Your Northeastern Ontario Plan,” we want to hear what you think Northeastern Ontario’s health priorities should be for the next three years.
Ways to Connect
Northerners are important partners in the North East LHIN’s health system transformation efforts, and work to build a stronger system of care for people living in Northeastern Ontario. There are several ways for you to get involved in our strategic planning process and help to inform our region’s health priorities:
- Participate in one of the LHIN-led community engagement sessions taking place in communities across the region this June/July/August
- Offer your input via email (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Complete our online survey (to be released mid-June, 2018 and posted to our website).
Some of the questions we will be asking Northerners include:
- What do you need to live healthy and well in your community?
- Imagine it is four years from now, what do you hope would have changed to make your experiences with the health care system better?
- What services and supports would make the biggest, positive difference to your health?
- What are the current gaps in health care in Northeastern Ontario?
Are you hosting or planning a community event? Perhaps it would provide a good venue for the NE LHIN to speak to your delegates about their thoughts on health priorities for Northeastern Ontario. Feel free to invite us along. Contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 1-866-906-5446 extension 5200.
Read the North East LHIN’s Current Strategic Plan
The North East LHIN’s current strategic plan covers the period of April 1st, 2016 to March 31st, 2019. Feedback from more than 4,000 Northerners helped shape the plan, which identified three key health priorities:
- Improve access and wait times
- Increase care coordination
- Strengthen system sustainability
Much work has taken place to advance these priorities over the last two years. These efforts continue to make a difference in building a stronger system of care for Northerners. The work has been done in partnership with health service providers, community organizations, municipal partners and fellow Northerners – Thank You!
Read about health system transformation work to date:
To learn more about our proposed priorities for 2019-2022, our engagement slide presentation can be viewed here.